After yesterday’s column mentioning press releases that were poorly targeted, I made a list of the headlines sent my way recently. None of them have anything to do with what my magazines cover. Even though the summer months are light for news submissions, I still received quite a few. For some of them I am not even sure what they mean. Here is what I received this week in a 48-hour span:
- Free Portal for Telemetry Applications
- HRchitect Consultant Named IHRIM Member of the Year
- Farmers Insurance Group® Puts Some‘Bite’ In Automobile Insurance In Michigan
- Fujitsu Named Finalist for NXTcomm Eos Award
- Conmio and TietoEnator build mobile Internet Service for Finnish mobile operator
- Unified Communications Magazine Honors Interactive Intelligence with TMC Labs 2008Innovation Award
- ET Can Now Phone Home
- IP5280 VoIP Provider named finalist for Best Company to Work For in Colorado
- 3 Things Every Parent Needs to Know About Kids and Cell Phones
- Exanet & Datrox Bring Revolutionary Storage Technology to Media & Entertainment Companies
- Detroit Area Foreclosures Slow In May 2008
- India and China Becoming Major Centers of Pharmaceutical R&D
- AutoTrader.com Named “Innovator of the Year” During Verint Systems’ 2008 Customer Conference
- Wireless Mundi Receives International Patent Application on Integrated Voice & Data Communication
- DataCore Software Partner Interware Systems Makes DataCore the Foundation of Its Total Enterprise Virtualization Practice
- Three Sequencing Companies Join 1000Genome Project
- PerfectSoftware® and the workplace HELPLINE® announce strategic partnership
- Fujitsu Announces Connection-Oriented Ethernet Transport for their Packet Optical Networking Platforms
- Perfect Software to offer expert employment law advice through its HR and Payroll software.
- Social Software Frequently Lacking in System / Administrative Services
If you’re a bit perplexed by these headlines, let me give you one more thing to contemplate: Someone was paid to write and email them to me. What a waste of time and money.
[Read more curious headlines]
Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD, is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book The Successful Author for insider tips and insights.