Here are the actions I pursue to improve as a writer:
- Write regularly.
- Read a lot (I struggle the most with this tip).
- Study writing.
- Listen to writers and publishing podcasts.
- Follow writing blogs.
- Participate in writers’ groups.
- Attend writing conferences.
- But the most important tip is to write.
These tips helped my writing improve. May they do the same for you.
Learn more about writing and publishing in Peter’s new book: The Successful Author: Discover the Art of Writing and Business of Publishing. Get your copy today.
Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD, is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book The Successful Author for insider tips and insights.