Do you want to stay current with other changes in writing conventions? I wish there was a site, a book, an app, or a publication that would answer these questions.
But if there’s a one-stop resource, I don’t know of it. Besides, there would likely be disagreement over it, anyway.
Here’s how I work to keep up with ever-changing writing trends:
- Participate in critique groups.
- Network with other writers.
- Go to writing conferences.
- Take advantage of every opportunity to have a professional editor look at my work.
- Learn from the recommendations of editors.
- Study the latest edition of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Look at the conventions followed in books recently produced by major publishers.
Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD, is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book The Successful Author for insider tips and insights.