Whatever the future throws at us, the healthcare contact center industry will respond with excellence
By Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD
The healthcare industry in the United States exists in uncertain times. What does the future hold?
- Will the status quo prevail, along with its current problems, trending issues, and looming concerns?
- Will we experience a mere tweak in our present situation? And if so, will the adjustments make healthcare provision easier or harder?
- Will we witness a 180-degree turn? And if so, will we have a white-knuckle, breath-taking adventure or a controlled U-turn?
I don’t pretend to know the answer, but what I do know is that healthcare contact centers are the solution.
- If it’s the status quo, we’re ready to elevate our game.
- If it’s tweaking the current path, we’re ready and will adjust.
- If it’s a great reversal, we’re poised to embrace what happens.
In any of these scenarios, I’m optimistic that healthcare contact centers are in a prime position to be part of the healthcare industry’s solution. As a group, we’ll improve the overall level of patient care, expand affordable solutions to more people, and be a key resource to all stakeholders.
Whether healthcare contacts occur via the phone, text messaging, webchat, email, mobile app, or video, healthcare contact centers have the experience, the staff, and the infrastructure to take innovation to a higher level. In addition we have the vision needed to capitalize on whatever may come.
How do I know this? It’s easy.
Just read the articles in this issue of AnswerStat. They make me giddy. And beyond this, our editorial advisory board has laid out a great vision for the rest of the year and into 2018. Already I’m hearing ideas from our insightful industry writers and I’ve already seen a couple articles for our next issue.
I can hardly wait.
Though we, in the healthcare industry, live in uncertain times, I’m full of optimism for our future and the future of healthcare.