“Print is a display technology,” notes columnist Andrew Brenneman. “Ink on paper will endure well into the digital age.” He then lists seven reasons why, stating that Print is:
1) Physical: it has a tangible presence, working well for active and passive seekers
2) Portable: it can be easily moved; it is mobile
3) Transferable: it can be given from one person to the next; no login is required
4) A Reflected medium: light bounces off the page; it is not emitted, giving the optimal and referred reading experience
5) Self-contained: it requires no playback device, power, or plug-in
6) High-resolution: about 10 times the resolution as high-def video!
7) Variable form factor: print has variable sizes, allowing for much more content to be easily scanned
Although, online marketing may be getting all the hype, glitz, and attention these days, print marketing is a tested, valued, proven medium that will endure.
Make sure print serves as the foundation of your marketing mix.