By Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD
Last month, we surveyed TAS Trader subscribers. We were pleased and encouraged by the high response rate, as well as the positive and insightful feedback. The bottom line is that TAS Trader is well-received, well-read, and enjoys much support.
Here are some of the details of what we learned:
- 90 percent read every issue or a majority of the issues
- 90 percent read it on their computer; 10 percent print it out and then read it. Plus, 13 percent save an electronic copy for future reference; 8 percent save a printed copy
- 95 percent read the articles; 76 percent read the news; 48 percent read the classified ads
- 100 percent preferred or had no opinion about it being formatted in landscape mode; no one disliked it in landscape mode.
- 66 percent visit TAStrader.com; 50 percent go there to read articles
- 60 percent felt that the current length was ideal; 17 percent would like to see more content
This is some phenomenal support and wonderful affirmation!
When asked about different ways of providing TAS Trader (such as in portrait mode, using a magazine reader, an email text message, or on a mobile device), none of the options suggested received more than 15 percent interest.
Lastly, when asked what type of content readers would like to see added to TAS Trader, the top five responses were:
1) Guest columnists
2) Articles from the greater call center industry
3) News, such as acquisitions, moves, promotions, and new employees
4) Profiles of answering services
5) TAS association news and information
This is where you come in:
- If you would like to submit a guest column or share your company news, please email it to email@example.com.
- If you would like to have your answering service profiled in TAS Trader, please let me know. (If you require someone to write your profile, we can recommend a freelance writer who can interview you and write one for a nominal cost.)
TAS Trader is “by the TAS Industry…for the TAS Industry.” Your ideas and submissions make TAS Trader possible.
Thank you for your loyal support and for making us a success.
Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD, is the publisher and editor-in-chief of TAS Trader, covering the telephone answering service industry. Check out his book How to Start a Telephone Answering Service.